Guys, I’m totally drawing a blank today on what to write about. So…in lieu of a great, profound, epically awesome post…I’m going to write about anything that pops into my head.
1. Um. I’m really distracted right now because there’s a book sitting next to me that is desperately begging to be read. It’s called The Last Little Blue Envelope. As you can probably tell, it’s a sequel. The first was called 13 Little Blue Envelopes. It’s the story of a girl who receives an envelope full of 13 smaller envelopes shortly after her slightly eccentric aunt vanishes to Europe and dies. (tragic, yes, but the story is not) The letters are from the aunt. The girl–Ginny–has to follow her aunt’s notes, crazy as they are. Well, OK, she doesn’t HAVE to, but she does because the first one includes money and tells her to go to London. I would never in a million years so no to that. Maybe. Anyway, she follows the instructions and traipses all over Europe, in her aunt’s footsteps and out of them. The end of the book, however, is not very conclusive; therefore, The Last… I’m excited to read this and see that the last little blue envelope says!
2. I’m also super distracted because dinner is being made and it smells PHENOMENAL. Not even kidding. It’s some kind of beef or something in bbq and left to cook ALL day. It’s been driving me crazy for hours now. Add to that the fact that it’s unusually quiet around my house, and I’m ready to do something. Something…drastic. Like fly to London because my crazy aunt tells me to.
3. Earlier, Elizabeth and I were talking about this horrible phenomenon called ‘seasonal candy.’ This is definitely one of the tragedies of our world today. Seriously, wait until August and then tell me you’re not seriously craving chocolate-covered cherries or peeps or candy canes or sweet hearts. I dare you. (you’re probably craving all of that now just because I said it 😀 [you’re right, that’s giving me way too much credit] )
4. Know what I miss? My dorm bed. I NEVER thought I’d say this, but I think I actually slept better on that horrible mattress than I do back at home on ‘my own bed.’ I got used to the springs sticking into my back in places, the flat pillow I used all year, the heavy comforter. I miss those silly thing. How weird is that??
5. I really want to write another Taylor Tuesday post. Must…restrain…self…
6. I bought Ree Drumond’s book the other day. I plan to take it on my trip this summer. Yipes, that starts soon. Anyway, does anyone have the link to her blog? I really want to read it. Any other awesome blog links would be appreciated!
I’m gonna go watch Taylor Swift’s new music video now. Oh, you didn’t know about that? Yeah, she just released it a few days ago. Story of Us, the song is. (how Yoda-esque of me was THAT?)
Alright. Don’t have a brain overload, now.